Prescribing Plus Size Equipment
Challenges grow for companies to produce equipment that assists professionals to deliver dignified care, as well as safe handling and a risk free environment for clients and carers. A safe patient handling programme will always be priority, whether in a hospital environment or in a patients home. Many carers have developed severe muscle and skeletal injuries. These injuries are caused by physical stress and exertion on their bodies when providing care for patients such as lifting or re-positioning. A number of appropriate steps should be taken to reduce the risk of injury to carers to the lowest level where reasonably practical.
Centrobed manufacture equipment to assist clients and carers with day to day care. We customise our products to suit the clients weight – height – and their individual ability and needs. There are numerous risks associated with being overweight including diabetes and stroke.
Solutions for Plus Size Care
- Specific equipment is needed that meets the needs of complex cases and to assist in continuing care
- Meet the needs of patients and carers
- Strength of equipment – suitable for community use
- Restore dignity and promote independence
- Quality care – right care first time, every time
- Protect and prevent the increased risk of pressure ulcers
- Reduce the risk of admission to hospital
- We are individuals our needs are not all the same
- Safe transfer and movement for the client and carer
- Individual assessments by trained, friendly Centrobed staff
The following pieces of equipment from Centrobed are designed specifically for bariatric or super bariatric clients; Baltic Turning Bed, Arctic Turning Bed, Nile Leg Lifter, Arabian Banding Stool, Timor Chair Bed, Tungsten ’80 Stone’ Bed and Bering Pillow Lifter.